I can honestly say it’s still one of my favorite conferences! I’ve been to EVERY single Pictage Partner Conference since they started in 2005. West Coast, East Coast, Chicago, New Orleans, you name it! I’ve lead sessions at every single one of them too, so it’s an honor to be asked to come back again this year!
Why PartnerCon is Different
1. The Size. You don’t have to worry about being lost in a crowd of 10-15 thousand photographers at PartnerCon! They keep it to 400-600 photographers so it’s much easier to “get to know your neighbors” so to speak.
2. Food is included! They feed us breakfast & lunch & during cocktail hour so we REALLY have an opportunity to break bread with other photographers and meet new people. It’s not a battle to find your five best photographer friends and coordinate which cafe or grease-pit to run to in-between sessions. You don’t even need to leave the building if you don’t want to there’s so much going on!
3. No repeats. Pictage really cracks down on their presenters to NOT present the same topic they’ve done at every other conference for the past three years. I’ve never once done the same presentation for them – it’s been a different one each year! PS. Unlike some other conferences, presenters do not get paid nor are they allowed to sell from the back of the room. This means that the people who are up there presenting do it out of good will and wanting to help out. And there’s a LOT of quality presentations going on year after year. That should say a lot about this community of photographers.
4. The people. Four is my lucky number, which is why the most important thing goes here. Honestly, this is what does it for me. There’s just REALLY good people that are part of this organization. The people at Pictage, the photographers who use Pictage, and even those that don’t but come to the convention anyways (the convention is now open to all!).
5. Select, top-notch, non-overwhelming group of sponsors. I’m excited that this year ALL of my main album suppliers are going to be there. The best of the best, in my opinion!! It’s nice to be able to reconnect and see what’s new, touch and feel the latest and greatest samples, and some even offer deals to try out their new offerings. All this without being overwhelmed by two buildings full of sponsors to try to navigate through. They keep it simple and full of quality.
What I’m Up To
This year I’m going to be talking about Working Smarter, Not Harder. It’s a bit about workflow, a good deal about giving your clients the best experience possible, and a lot about how putting certain systems in place that free you up to make more money and focus on what you’re best at. I’ll touch on how I’ve been using ShootQ to my advantage for the past 3-4 years, and how it integrates now with doing in-person sales using Pro-Select.
I’d love to have you come out and join in the session! I’m in the first time slot on the first day.
Also, this year I’ll be teaching a hands-on shooting workshop: Urban Kids! It is scheduled for Thursday 8-10AM and it’s sure to be a blast photographing adorable kiddos on the colorful streets of New Orleans! It will be a bit about strategy, preparation, client communications, and a lot about the actual shooting and working with the kids. Bring your cameras and don’t forget to sign up ASAP as space is limited!
Last, I’ve decided to do something new this year. It’s called an OPEN BOOK session for you and a friend to attend together. These will be on Monday and Friday (Nov 8 & 12th) and there are only a handful of spots available each day. For more information CLICK HERE.
See You Soon
Can’t wait to see ya all in New Orleans!! My husband Mike is coming too and we’ll be there early to be a part of a fun Boys & Girls Club project. Also on our list is to revisit Emeril’s NOLA restaurant, which was THE highlight of our dinning adventures last year. Mmmmm….
Safe travels & see you soon!